The Benefits and Drawbacks of Landscape Designing Online
As the author of numerous publications on the topic of landscape design, I get requests from individuals of various backgrounds and income levels throughout the globe who want my help designing their dream gardens. They've seen my previous work and know they need me to assist them with their gardening. I'm moved, not simply flattered. However, few people understand what goes into creating a landscape design plan, how much it might cost, or the various issues that can arise.
Typically, I travel to a client's location, which could be anywhere in the United States or even another country, and either stay there while I work on the design and then have it built, or I spend some time getting to know the clients and their property, take pictures, and then return to my studio to draw up the plans. I create a rough outline of the design and present it to them in person or over email for feedback and feedback. Once I have the green light, I generally go back to their property with a finished landscape design plan in hand and oversee its installation.
But that becomes pricey, and here are these other people who value my job so much that they go far from home (and sometimes beyond their means) to seek my assistance. These are the kind of individuals I want to work with because of their positive demeanor, high regard, and obvious worth. To give them what they so much want without either of us going bankrupt, I decided to launch an online landscape design business.
Over the years, I've learned that the procedure is effective, but not without its challenges. The vast majority of my customers are satisfied in the end, and the procedure is set up in such a manner as to almost guarantee this, but there are always exceptions. Given the current economic situation, more and more people are considering having a residential landscape design westlake oh using this online technique, and in this article, I'd want to describe the challenges and possible issue areas associated with doing so. Because doing so can and should be fun for everyone involved.
Clients should know, and designers should emphasize to their teams, that any landscape design worth the word entails a creative and sometimes time-intensive process. True designers don't just pluck ideas out of thin air or try to make something old seem fresh again. A design is (or at least ought to be) a reaction to the intended users and the location it will inhabit. Creating a room that is not just attractive to look at, but also enjoyable to spend time in, will always entail practical problems that must be addressed.
The garden design takes a lot of time and effort, and professional landscape architects will never provide a plan they don't find beautiful. It's the product of hard work and, presumably, natural ability. Don't worry if the first concept design plan you're given doesn't suit your needs. It will be redone if necessary. The designer may try again if he or she misses the mark the first time. He only needs to hear some fresh criticism to set him straight. One of the benefits of creating a concept plan is the opportunity it provides to think creatively and try out new ideas.
It has occurred to me on the occasion that after going through the design process and submitting a design I believe to be fantastic, I would get negative feedback from the customer. The client's wife, to be precise in the example I'm using. It took me some time to grasp the dynamics at play. The fact that I didn't hear from her until I sent her the finished concept plan was a contributing factor. My design was a direct result of his feedback. There was also the matter of really understanding what a "design plan" is.
Comments
Post a Comment